My passion is in the field of information security. As the founder of CISOfy, I consider information security as a valuable business asset. Security is no longer a cost to the business, but something that keeps your business going.
The daily news has covered many examples when security failed. It also shows security is part of doing business: if you don’t, you may get out of business. Still, many companies don’t perform their due diligence and simply hope for the best. My goal is to help others with tools and education, so individuals and companies can audit, analyze, and secure their IT environments.
These are the things what keeps me happy:
- Location – Information Security is in demand, employment is easy (almost anywhere)
- Impact – Safeguarding information, helping to create a safer community.
- Money – Companies are willing to pay for good people with trust.
- Reach – Our product and tools are used all over the world.
- Demand – There is a high demand for information security knowledge, and it will continue to rise.
- Learning and sharing
- Flexible work schedule
- Option to work from home
- Travel opportunities
- Safe work environment
- Creating clean functional code and optimizing it, is a creative exercise
- Side-projects to help others achieve more from their business
- Always searching for more automation and improvements
- Working with smart people
- Networking with even smarter people.
Yes, I love my job. Well job, the things I do and getting paid for it.
One day I discovered that you can like your work, but it will never beat true passion. That is when I quit my work. – Michael Boelen